The referral criteria for PCLEFRS include:
• Severe and persistent pain due to the consequences of cancer treatment (any tumour site)
• Reduced physical function in a limb (including shoulder girdle)
• Already seen by local pain, rehabilitation and/or late effects services without improvement in symptoms
• Considered highly complex by local/regional services
• Completed cancer treatment at least 12 months previously (excluding hormone therapy)
GP referrals should be submitted through the Choose & Book system. Referrals from other healthcare professionals should be received via a referral letter.
During the COVID pandemic, PCLEFRS is offering on-line Clinic appointments and a virtual Rehabilitation Programme via Zoom. In line with the government guidelines, we will continue to run our service virtually for the foreseeable future. We will inform you when the service can recommence face-to-face consultations and a residential Rehabilitation Programme.